Friday, August 12, 2011

"The Three Things"



Working on the book, folks! It's going well. Here's a peak at the story boards, much of which are finished. Another sitting to go, then I'll start working on larger sketches, then paintings. So excited!

After working on a couple of books, other author's books, I've realized that it's important to still show your own work around to people, get some ideas, work off each other, because if you do not, you'll be your only critic, and the product will suffer. I had a dear friend come over to draw with me today, it I threw a few ideas at her, she gave me great advice, great suggestions, and I can already tell the story board is moving well!

In other news, still painting, playing music, etc. Going to Colorado to play some gigs and see some friends. Bought a rad new sketchbook that just makes me want to sketch every day in it. How awesome is that?

"Through you nature becomes aware of itself. Nature has been waiting for you, as it were, for millions of years." -Eckhart Tolle


Love,

A

1 comment:

Lauren Gallegos said...

Annie! This looks awesome! I can't wait to see more as well as some of the finished paintings! Keep it up, you're on a roll!! :)