Monday, August 1, 2011

More Paintings


I haven't posted for a few weeks, but I HAVE been painting. It's in me now, and I can't stop! I've started more pieces for some future shows, and also a study for a children's book, as well as a painting for a friend (the Buddah). It's been fun seeing how different each painting turns out, and I will continue to just "let it happen". Sometimes it is more cartoony, sometimes more decorative, sometimes neither.

There's some great illustrator-ish events coming up. The O.C. Shmooze on August 13th, and the OC Kid's Book Fair October 2nd. I went to that event last year and had a blast. Great authors, illustrators, tons of books to buy and have signed by the authors. I'm just thankful I have these events accessible and close by. Until then, more painting, and more children's books. Love to all!


A study for a friend's story called, "Around the Block". He's signed a contract, so it'll be published and it's an absolutely lovely piece of work! I might not do the illustrations, but I love that I'll have this painting sketch with a little bit of his story to show around or just hang up in my room.
Painting for a dear friend. He's been a spiritual guide and pal so he deserves a little something. It's the least I can do!
One of a series of 4-5 quote pieces. But these are on the smaller side. About 4" x 4". Ruby slippers being painted as we speak!
Regular 10" x 10", like the rest. This is my favorite thrift store cat statue. A more decorative piece, but still includes a quote sure to inspire you each day.

No comments: