Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Progress, my dears!

Wheeze book getting closer, everybody! I've been working on the page layouts with the author, placing everything, adjusting images, and it's finally coming together. The spread above is a sketch of the last two page spread in the book. I can't wait for you all to se the finished product.

I have been working away on the new book. Since it's my second go, I've made smarter choices, and I'm labeling my pages, and drawing them on complete, full pages of paper. No more line down the middle. No more confusion of what text goes with what image. This time it's smooth sailing (for the most part), and a lot of fun!

Ricky (the author) and I are still working out how we are going to get the book out there. Do we go with this company, or the other company. I think, because we're so torn, we might just go with both. It's our first time, and we just want to get the book out there so people can read it. There are so many companies that can help you edit and print; Flutterfrogpublishing.com ...... lulu.com ....... even googling "self publish your children's book" will turn up ideas. I'm so excited that I'm going to stop here and talk about all this another time. Maybe once I have the jewel in my hands, I'll finally feel relieved. I just want this book done, y'all!

No comments: