Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Paintings, what?


Yes, I've done it! I've started painting again ---with a new vigor, too! I have an art show July 8th in Costa Mesa (Back Bay Center & the Offices at Back Bay 2675 Irvine Ave.) I hope to do more of these shows, since I feel like I have something to say in my art for the first time in a long time. I know things like these go in waves; sometimes my song writing is just nonexistent, but what matters is I share it when it IS there.

I'm going to show about 6 pieces, all for sale, all affordable, all just fun. I hope you enjoy. Here's a look at two of the pieces. They're 10" x 10".

Love to everyone, and may you create, too! It's the best!




On a quick note, I will perform at this little art show. I'm so excited to combine my music and art. I've also been hesitant to do so, afraid people might not separate me from other artists, or not take me seriously, but I've been getting a great response, and I've always been torn by the two arts, why shouldn't they be combined? They're both art after all? So here goes to a new outlook! Pursue, pursue!

P.S. Thanks, Mom, Dad, Aunts, Uncles, Oma, Opa, Sisters. I love you all, and you've been a catalyst to this new excitement for art and life. :)

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

ANNIE....love your art....think you should always keep pursuing both things....music and drawing but I know that you will make it as a performer and singer. Then once you are famous as a singer/songwriter...then you can paint or draw to your hearts content....and more people will see your work because you are famous. If you go on any website of actresses etc. today..you will see that many of them have varied talents and one of them is painting etc. and I know their art sells...because it is good but also because they are already known! You can do it.!